4.18.2005

Week 14 Accomplishments

This week I got tons of soap made (well at least enough to get me though May, I hope). I made Lavender, Rejuvenation, Oatmeal, Milk & Honey, Wisdom, and Peppermint Foot Scrub. I only have enough ingredients to make one more batch, which I'll do today, and then I can pack the rest of my supplies for the move.

I also packed about 80% of my supplies, most of my clothes, and a good portion of the kitchen as well. Both C and I had trouble getting motivated this weekend to pack, so it looks like I'll be doing a lot this week. That is fine though because we've had a small change in plans, looks like 4.21 will be spent labeling for shows and stores, and 4.28 will be spent moving from storage. Originally the plan was the other way around, but the house isn't quite done yet. There are a few little things that need to be done- the cable needs to be installed in a few rooms; a few outlets need to be changed to grounded plugs, stuff like that. So we'll start moving stuff on Sunday 4.24 for sure (or I sure hope!).

I got one show ready- Bucks County Designer House- and I drop that off today. If you are into design and history it’s a great place to go see. Every year the historical society picks one house and designers spiffy the place up. Outside in a barn or garage usually, they have a small craft area as well. All the proceeds go to the historical society so they can save and preserve more historic houses in the area. It's what I call a "feel good" show- no mater how much you sell, it feels good to be a part of it because the money is going for something good for the community.

I also delivered a basket to the Mainline Arts Center. Prior to their Spring Craft Show they are doing a silent auction. Participants in the show donate objects that are auctioned off. The proceeds go to their outreach programming. The objects go on display today (4/18) and will be available to bid on until May 8th at 3:00 pm. They are usually located in the lobby, so it is easy to run in, look, bid, and go. Go run on over, get some great fine crafts at a good price, and give to a good cause.

No comments: