4.05.2005

Week 12 Accomplishments

This past week things were pretty crazy and not a lot of soaping was done. I finished a gift basket that was donated to Brown School, where my young cousin attends elementary school. Each year they have a Gala Event with a silent auction to benefit the school. If you are interested in learning more about them you can visit http://www.brownschool.org.

I also made a small basket for a local Race for the Cure team. They have a yearly Basket Bingo fundraiser, and I donate a gift basket that they use as a door prize. Unfortunately I didn't win any baskets this year, but I had fun trying! To find out how you can be a part of this event please visit http://www.nationalraceforthecure.org.

The big thing this week was a wholesale show called Rustic Nature Buyer Days. It’s a two day event and I can say that although I didn't find it well attended overall, I did come out with a few good orders from businesses located in the Adirondacks, and a few good leads for businesses looking for some private label products. You never know?!?

While I was there I got in contact with a shop owner who is opening a store up in Vails Mills, NY. We worked out a consignment agreement, so I'll have one more place selling my products come mid May. I'm really excited about this because I also participate in a craft show that they run so I hope to be able to generate recurring sales from that event.

That's all for this week!

No comments: