2.28.2013

Feb 19-28, 2013

So I try my best to update this blog every Monday but the week has been so very crazy I am finally finding a few minutes now to sit and write this. It will most likely be short and sweet just for that reason!

Last week was my last quieter week I will have for the next month or so. dad and I went crazy and made almost 2000 lip balms, over 1600 bath fizzys and lots and lots of soap. It is a big push to get going and get inventory up to where it should be before the show season starts hot and heavy. There is still so far to go.

I did find time a few days to have lunch with a few friends and that is always great for me because it keeps everything in perspective and keeps me from becoming too much of a workaholic. The weekend was pretty quiet, Saturday was lots of things around the house to do (I am trying to clean a room every weekend, giving it a good spring cleaning, this plan doesn't always work but it has been a good plan to try each week). I knew Sunday was my last quiet weekend day for a while so I just enjoyed sitting and knitting and napping the day away.

This week has started out pretty crazy. Back to making as much inventory as we humanly can possibly do. I was supposed to go running with a friend but found myself relieved when she had to cancel so I could just keep working. Tuesday I had a meeting about a new retail location in Blandon PA. I am super excited because I don't have anything in that area and it will be a great place for people be able to pick up some products quick without having to come so far as Bethlehem. The woman I am working with also has been helping me develop a version of my bug off soap for the equine market. She used the soap on her horses and loved it so once I get the final details ironed out, she will be my sales rep for the product. The only way you will be able to get it is through her, since she is the horse expert, she will be able to answer any animal related questions. She volunteers most weekends at events so she will have plenty of ways to reach an entirely new market for me. SUPER EXCITED! Wednesday I had another meeting with a salon/gallery in Fleminton NJ and this is another situation just loaded with possibilities. Not only will she be carrying some products (starting in May since I am soooo booked up right now), but she plans on attending some local events and farm markets to promote the salon, and will be taking my products with her to those too. It is just a small way to break into a new market and see if anything she goes to warrants me setting up a full stand at next year. WOOT!!

That brings me to today, where I am just finally trying to catch up on everything. So I am going to sign off and get printing labels for those lip balms that I made last week! See ya!

No comments: