10.08.2012

October 1-7, 2012

It is hard to believe that in in about 6 weeks I will be loading into Chriskindlmarkt for the last show of the season. I feel like I have come so far this year but that I also have so much more to do and so much farther to go, I feel like I am packing a whole year's worth of doing into the next three months and that I just don't see how I am going to manage to get it all done!

So here are a few highlights of last week:

Monday and Wednesday we got soap made. Monday was tricky because I made 6 tiny batches, which takes as much work as the big ones really, all that switching of fragrances, and cleaning crock pots. It can get a little confusing trying to get it all done and trying to remember how many of each kind needs to be made. So that was the order for the B&B and for an order of  wedding shower favors. Wednesday was just a simple batch of Black Cherry Oatmeal because I had to leave to help a friend for a few days.

Tuesday dad dealt with the tree in the yard being pruned, so I just worked on lots of paperwork. I got the new shaving brushes photographed and on the web site. They could use spiffier pictures, but for right now i think they are fine.

Wednesday afternoon, Thursday and Friday I helped B at The Ornamental Lady at the show up at Knoebel's Amusement Park. What a crazy place that is! Over 300 vendors on winding pathways and in pavilions. I totally got lost. I was wondering if it would be a show for me to set up at too, but the density of vendors and people was just overwhelming to me, it found it uncomfortable to walk around. I don't think this will be one I will be trying any time soon.

I have received at least two special orders that I hope to get up on the web site for a fast buy today and get them announced on the newsletter. There is a few more pending after that too:) The special orders are fun, but kinda stress me out a little this time of year because of time constraints. So I have to be on the ball about getting ingredients ordered and things made. I actually need to make a big list of everything today to keep it all straight before I forget something.

Oh, and I think I have a new wholesale account to announce soon. I met with them on Tuesday and they bought some things then and are supposed to have an order to me today or tomorrow. Once it comes through I can announce it and get it up on the web site and blog. But I am super excite because it is a great small business and it is in NJ, so it will really be on a great location for many of my customers who live around there!

Saturday we set up at A Very Merrie Halloween over at the 1803 house, right in my home town. It was a wonderful day with lots of activities for the kids, including a parade! Sales were better than last year, and I think this event will just get better and better each year!

Sunday was supposed to be the Chestnut Hill Fall for the Arts event, but it was canceled due to the impending rain and cold. It was rescheduled for it's rain date- October 14. Looking at the 10 day forecast, I am not sure next Sunday will be any better, but let us hope it will be!

That is all for now. I have to get going on the rest of my list to do. It is going to be a busy few weeks. Hope to see you soon!


No comments: