10.18.2010

White Horse Farm Fiber and Art Show

What a WONDERFUL day. Each year my goal is to find what I consider to be "hidden gems"- lovely shows that don't cost a lot to participate in, but bring an unexpected profit and that are fun to be at and just overall some kind of special. This was one of those places!

Dad was seen at the Linvilla craft show by this organizer and I was contacted about participating. Since it takes place at an Alpaca Farm, I figured that it would be a good chance to make enough money to pay for the table and maybe some yarn. I was wonderfully surprised by the turn out and my reception by the festival goers. It is organized by a wonderful fiber artist who does everything- knits, cross stitch, sews, just amazing things, and the farm that hosts it is just beautiful, great architecture, wonderful animals, great fiber and yarn for sale and owned by a honestly warm and generous woman and her husband.

Dad didn't go because he was already booked at another location, and frankly I am glad that he was:) I had that much fun! I got some beautiful baby alpaca yarn and wonderful horn buttons. They put out a great lunch for free for all who attend and participate, and I could have spent all day in the field with the Alpaca, but I had to be at my table selling soap.

In the spring there is another event- shearing day, and I hope to participate and be there again. It was truly a gem of a show!

No comments: