10.11.2010

River Festival & Chestnut Hill

The weeks are getting busier and busier as the Holidays approach. This week marked the last week of the farm market in PPL Plaza. It was canceled due to weather. Although we do not plan on returning next year, I am indebted to them for their kindness, professionalism, and hard work. Some shows work for us and some don't, and this year has been one of growth and expansion into new markets- especially farm markets. We learned that doing three in a row (plus craft shows) is very hard and tiring. We learned that we need more than two days a week to make soap in order to keep up with inventory. And we learned that having at least one day off a week would be nice, and this summer that didn't happen.

Saturday Dad went to the River Festival in Pottstown. It was a rather large lay out, and there was a crowd, but sales were terrible. I can say we won't be back and I will advise anyone I know and like not to do it either.

Chestnut Hill Fall for the Arts was as charming in the fall as it it in the spring. This is my first year at the fall show, and other than the fact I think booth placement could have been better (really, did the other soapmaker have to be right across from us?), the day was pleasant and we had great sales. I made a HUGE mistake in the morning and had to drive back to the shop for a box I forgot. It was full of bags, the credit card machine, all the signs, and the rest if the important stuff. UGH. 45 minutes each way made the day a long one. I was asleep around 8 pm and slept till 6 am, long for me...I guess I was tired.

Next week will be quieter. Only two farm markets and shows on Saturday. I am already making a list of household chores for Sunday. No rest for the weary.

No comments: