4.26.2010

Washington County Fiber Tour

This weekend I went to visit my mom and we went to the Washington County Fiber Tour. There was approximately a dozen farms on the tour and we we saw 9 of them. It was a beautiful day to drive the countryside, stop and see the adorable animals, learn about where some fibers come from, and the care of fiber animals.

I will admit, I think that I would have enjoyed the tour more if I was a spinner. There was not as much yarn as I had hoped there would be available. Although there were Angora rabbits in two places, I did not see any yarn (there was spinnable fiber at one place). I still got three wonderful skins that mom bought me for my birthday.

We got to meet some brilliant people, who take excellent care of their animals and are extremely knowledgeable about their care and breeding. If there is anything like this in your area, I totally suggest going, it was and amazing day.

No comments: