4.01.2010

Back again...





So after being at a beach in the Caribbean the last few months, this time it was a beach closer to home. And it rained both days I got to really see it. I got to visit my friend Sandy at her beautiful farm in Delaware. What a lovely place, what overwhelmingly lovely hospitality, and besides the rain, I have learned I just love this part of the country. Parts kinds reminded me of the area around Hilton Head Island, SC. I love how each town has its own beach, sometimes boardwalk, and certainly its own charm and personality. I could spend a week or more there just window shopping, and exploring the area.

I got to be friends with Mopsy, who's size and temperament really reminded me of Pimienta. I couldn't stop paying attention to her and even dreamed that she jumped into bed with me one night (but she didn't- the door was closed...)My stay was overall much too short and I hope that I get to go back again soon.

Of course as with every time you take a few days off you seem to come back to chaos. I had orders to bring to the co-op, supplies to pick up, and gift baskets to fill. Today I met with a new bride and finished up the plans for her wedding favors.

I also learned today that the pipe that runs to the outside faucet runs right through my workshop.. how did I learn this you ask?? Because while running the hose for the first time this season, we learned that the pipe had burst over the winter, and it filled my shop with about an inch of water in one area. Kinda put a damper on the days activities, and will impact soapmaking tomorrow too for sure, since everything had to be moved and dried out, and needs to be replaced tomorrow. I thought about taking pictures.. and decided it was too depressing... much worse than when I overflowed the sink last year.

No comments: