7.16.2008

A week at Girl Scout camp…

June 24-27, 2008

Ok it wasn’t a week, it was just a few hours a day... but I have to tell you , since I am not used to being around kids, it sure felt like I was there all day, all week…

I had a great time. Each day I had a group of young women (brownies) that I taught how to make lip balm and bath fizzys. It was a ton of fun and a lot of work to haul everything in and out of camp each day.

I learned that strawberry was the favorite lip balm flavor, and that raspberry was more popular than the love spell fragrance I brought, but not by much. Everyone seemed to like the fact that the ingredients are so simple and that there was no junk in the items (no preservatives, no dyes etc)

Some of the girls had some great questions for me about how I started my business and were do I learn how to make stuff, etc.. It was a lot of fun to interact with them and see their interests and personalities.

We even talked about doing something for the older girls that focuses more on starting and running your own business next year. I think I would love to be a part of that.

No comments: