7.16.2008

Mom’s Visit

So my mom came to visit. It was her first time ever. Really, it can be hard to believe, but most of my mom’s life has been spent taking care of other people in her life, and this has made it quite difficult for her to do any kind of travel, so although I have lived in NY state, Nevada, Florida, and PA, she hasn’t seen an apartment or house until now…

June 14th I drove up to NY to get her. Got to spend the night and spend some time with my step-dad R.

June 15th- we drove back to my place, got home and situated, got some dinner, and generally chilled out after the long drive.

June 16th- We drove to some quilting and fabric stores in NJ. One of them was near where C works, so we got to have lunch with him at the Clinton Station Diner. We stopped at the Crayola Factory store so she could shop for the grand kids and had some ice cream at a local place nearby. She got to give K her moose which made both their days and later after dinner we drove around and showed her the area some.

June 17th- We went down to Lancaster County and did some serious fabric shopping. Had a great lunch at a local family cupboard and found an awesome hidden yarn store that specializes in local yarns. It was a fantastic day.

June 18th- we went plant shopping. There are 5 big garden centers nearby so we went and looked through them to help me decide what I want in my landscape when it finally get s to where I can start to work on it. We also bought a bunch of vegetable plants to finish out my garden and we got them planted just in time for the rain to come.

June 19th we drove to Wellsboro for a show. We took the long way up and the scenery was amazing. After we got there and got checked into the hotel we got set up for the show and found dinner before crashing for the night.

June 20-21 was the PA State Laurel Festival

June 21 after tear down we started driving home and made it as bar as Binghamton before needing a hotel for the night. We stopped, got some sleep and started out the next day.

June 22 we found a great place for breakfast that was filled with miniatures off all shapes and sizes. It was amazing and the food was wonderful too. We made it back to her house safe and sound. We spent the rest of the day resting- our vacation had tired us out. I got to see my step-sister and her kids- they grow up so fast.

June 23- I drove home and mom went back to work…

No comments: