1.29.2008

January 20-26 2008

This week was all messed up. The first two days, C was home with a cold, and having him home always messes up my best laid plans. But mostly it was all about trying to get ready for J to visit and have a bath fizzy making spree. But the best part of the week was the weekend, not because we did anything particularly fun, but because how we did what we did. The most beautiful thing about being in a long term relationship is being able to help one another cope, to be able to help each other focus, and to be able to help each other accomplish. This past weekend was a practice in just that kind of love- the kind where you give of yourself in order to help another accomplish.

Sunday was the last day in Puerto Rico. We left the hotel and went to a party the families were giving together. We couldn’t stay long because we had to catch our flight, but I did get some good cooking lessons in the process. We brought C’s parents back to their house and then returned the car and flew home. The flight was uneventful and it was a warm and glorious 19 degrees when we landed. Did I mention we left our coats in the car while we were gone?

Monday C was home for MLK day (and because he was sick). I responded to emails, cleaned my desk off, did laundry, and spent the rest of the day balling yarn and knitting.

Tuesday I blogged, got orders sent out, mailed show applications, went to the post office, picked up lunch for C, went to Staples for toners, fixed and printed the sale order form, and e-mailed out my newsletter.

Wednesday- more emails, and more orders (it has been a busy January). I ordered some fragrances I need, mailed a swap box of yarny related stuff, post office (again), grocery store, and started to clean my shop (the really messy part)

Thursday C got J’s ticket to come visit. I sent out more orders (yeah!) and went to B’s for lunch. Upon return I stopped at the yarn store, and then posted pics up on Ravelry.

Friday- errand day: bank, drycleaner, home depot (they didn’t have what I wanted), Wal-Mart (God, I hate that place, but I can almost always find what I need there, so it is a last resort), lunch with H, send order, mail newsletter.

Saturday: this was my day to feel overwhelmed – which means I would rather do nothing than figure out what I should do. C helped me rearrange my workshop, and he put together a book case for me, and he made me start to sort my filing (the pile of stuff from 2005,2006, and 2007, I hope I never get audited). We grabbed lunch at this new deli in town (great salad) picked up cat food, and a post card I need for a swap.

No comments: