6.04.2007

May 28-June 3, 2007 Week 22

Well the major updates from last week are that B is fine. The did some CAT scans looking for an embolism and decided that she was dehydrated, that her potassium was low, and that the fumes got to her. I also met up with a few crafters at this week’s show- two of which had lost their booths- their big heavy booths. They said that the winds gusted at 60 mph. Good thing I held on tight.

Monday: I counted sales from the weekend, ran my credit cards, did my inventory, and started drying my tent out. Since we were supposed to be at Mayfair but weren’t we had the day to relax as well. C helped my out tremendously by hosing mud off my Rubbermaid containers and helping me with the tent. We also did laundry, watched TV, and knitted.

Tuesday: I had an interesting phone conversation with Cambridge Who’s Who among Executives and Professionals. I remember being in the Who’s Who of American High School Students as a child and even then I thought it was sort of hokey, but it made my family happy, and they bought a book with my name and bio in it, and it seemed sort of spiffy. So a few weeks ago I got a thing in the mail asking me to apply for the Executives and Professionals version. I filled out the info and they called me to “interview” me to see if I fit their criteria…. Then the interviewer went on to recite an obviously scripted sales pitch- to join as a “lifetime member” and to be published in the book every year till I die is only a mere $795… but wait, I could do it for only three years for $595… still too much? How bout one year for $395… what, still not buying??? How could that be? OK, I’ll extend to you a rate we typically reserve for non profit organizations $199 for a year… Nope that’s ok, I’m fine without the prestige, but thanks for the interview…

So the rest of the day that I wasn’t on the phone with Cambridge, I still was working on getting that darn tent clean and dry. I made samplers, mailed stuff I sold on ebay, put supplies away, blogged, did my typical Tuesday household chores, ordered C’s birthday gifts (Can’t tell you what they are in case he reads this…) and went to the grocery store.

Wednesday:: The tent is finished… just three more days before it gets wet and dirty again…I gardened, mowed, fed the birds, vacuumed, cleaned the house, and the dude from Lowe’s came in to FINALLY put up the last of our blinds. Sure glad that fiasco is over…

Thursday I packed inventory for the upcoming show, while packing I came across what I call the “grey tub”- this is my Rubbermaid container filled with all the needed stuff for EVERY show—and it was a mess, because I just tossed everything into it, so I had to clean and reorganize that, I finished updating my mailing list and cleansing it of dupes, I filed a little (not enough), wrapped soap on a rope, washed my table covers (they were gross) and gardened some more…

Friday: Post office , packed van, washed the covers for my directors chair (too gross to sit on after the mud from last week), did my Friday errands and chores, and then went and set up for the show (more in another post…)

Saturday: Chester Spring Craft show.. I packed the last of the things I needed for the show into the van, packed lunch, printed out directions, and picked up K for the day. When I got home I checked my garden and my cherry tomato plants must be happy because I have my first little yellow flower—I’ll be eating cherry tomatoes for snacks in just a few short weeks!

Sunday: Second day at the show….too tired to do anything else really…

No comments: