6.13.2007

June 4-9 2007 Week 23

The week itself was tiring and emotional at times. I don’t know what has been going on with me but I have had this overwhelming sense of dread that something bad is looming on the horizon. C has been busy at work and is tired and we are falling into the habit of just spending the evening eating at watching TV. I don’t want this to be our legacy, the way that we live day to day, but I am a loss on how to change it right now. I tend to internalize it when I think he is unhappy and blame myself. I’ve been sleeping badly, having terrible nightmares about C, and in general just having a hard time getting and staying motivated about anything at all.

Monday: The good news was that the NASCAR race had been delayed due to rain so I got to watch the race while doing a bunch of other stuff. I’m only a few weeks away from getting my soap inventory complete for most of the year so the day was filled with making soap, cutting soap, putting soap away and doing inventory after the weekend’s show. I also went to the bank and the post office, did some accounting, mailed an order, logged, updated my mailing list, EBayed, paid bills, and started cleaning my closet & rearranging winter/summer clothes.

Tuesday: U updated my calendar, called a promoter about a show, went to the grocery store, did my usual household chores, started doing paperwork for a show, and broke my new tent. What a day it was... In the morning I set up the tent so it could be hosed off and then dried out and then folded and put away properly. I went inside for just a few minutes and a wind came by, blowing it upside down, bending a few rafters. I had to order new parts, but that was after I freaked for a while. I talked to C, I talked to B, and I just really let the last few weeks of tiredness and dread fill me and consume me for about an hour or two. The good news was that the gentleman who was letting me borrow the tent decided to sell it to me and for a good price.

Wednesday: It was a day of errands, Home Depot, target, bank, post office, and then lots of making & cutting soap. I got good news; the promoter I have been trying to get a hold of finally let me switch shows from a July show to a November show. This means I’m no longer double booked for a weekend, and I have filled a weekend in November with a potentially good show. Besides that I just did paperwork and tried to determine exactly when I am setting up for some upcoming shows, etc…

Thursday: I went over to Out of Our Hands and did an inventory and determined what I need to label and bring over to fully stock my area. Wow, I really let that get farther down in inventory than I had planned on. I need to get over there more often and keep it better stocked for sure. I finished mowing for C and made lots of soap.

Friday: I had a terrible migraine. Not surprising since they tend to be tension/stress induced for me. I did some labels for Out of Our Hands and did some of my typical chores. I also got the van packed with displays and inventory before I just had to lay down for the rest of the day.

Saturday & Sunday: Great Grapes Wine, Arts, & Food Festival.

No comments: