2.13.2006

February 6-12 Week 6

Monday started off normal: update the blog, pay bills, make soap, and organize organza bags and edge soap. It ended at a great baby shower for A at MLAC. I was surprised that they actually kept the party a surprise to her. There was great food, great friends, and she got some great presents as well.

Tuesday: I had to run to the grocery store for some soaping supplies, I paid for my shows that needed to be applied to, I edged soap, and I began the next few days or grueling homework. I am very glad that this class is over next week, there will only be a few more days of homework to do. I have decided to toss my final project out the window- this starts me with a "B" as the highest grade I can get rather than an "A", but it keeps my sanity. I know that one of the biggest problems I have had with this class is the lack of true teaching in the course. I could have bought a book and worked through it at an insane pace and not understood it much, all on my own for a heck of a lot cheaper than a course at Baker.

Wednesday: I got a few orders mailed out, ordered labels for bath fizzys and bath salts, cleaned up my computer files and got rid of 99% of the old junk on the machine, and did homework, hours and hours of homework. I made no soap, got nothing done, and couldn't get any of my programs to run either.

Thursday: can you guess.. more homework…but not that much. My dad came in to visit so after I picked him up at the truck we went to the bank, the post office, the grocery store, and the drycleaner. I worked on homework some that afternoon, but B & M called and asked us out to dinner so besides the fact that we just like hanging out with them, I jumped at the chance to get away from Perl.

Friday: This was supposed to be a UWBW meeting. It was just 8 hours of B helping me decipher Sendmail and other fun Perl functions. We talked about the businesses a little during lunch (I ordered pizza) but mostly it came down to that she hasn't done much, and neither have I.

Saturday: Because of B's huge sacrifice of her day dedicated to me and my Perl class, I had the opportunity to spend time with C and my dad at places other than at the computer screen. C and I went to Target. I paid for a few more show applications, and I posted 10 new items to Etsy.com. I really need to bring the camera downstairs and get some new good shots of product. It will help me here and on the new web site that I am designing in the next few weeks.

Sunday: C and I went to a few open houses. It had snowed like crazy so many of them were cancelled but a few were still on. One was at a house we had been dreaming about going inside of, and then had nightmares about! It was awesome on the outside- nice yard, great 3 car garage, new windows, inside the water damage and structural red flags were abundant. Out of 7, four were cancelled (one of these was actually sold), 1 was a horror, 1 was awesome, awesome, awesome, and one had no basement so it would never work. The awesome house C and I need to talk about more. He is not sure the basement will work for me, I just think I need to be more proactive about my organization and space utilization skills. We'll see. If we go for it we'll have to move in just a few months. I also got my web site updated, and started trying to download booked for dad onto his Ipod but Auduble.com wasn't happy so I gave up.

Next Week: Last three days of class so I have a bunch to get done, and then I start my next classes so that is always busy. I need to make soap like a mad woman. I think it may be a few late nights.

No comments: