2.20.2006

February 13-19 Week 7

Monday: Last three days of my Perl class so the bulk of the day was spent concentrating on homework. The rest was spent labeling bath fizzys, sending out orders, paying bills and updating the blog.

Tuesday: Did some laundry and edged some soap. I run a potato peeler around the edges so they are not sharp when you use the soap directly on the skin. This leaves me with a pile of shavings that I used to not have a use for- not I pack them into muslin bags and used them as sachets. I also got these great containers that organize ribbon and I got most of my stash of ribbon into the containers and put away. And of course, I did more homework- but this time I am done with class! Yippee!

Wednesday: Ran errands: post office & bank. I then went to the Vet with my friend B and her doggie, Paddy Mac. The Macadoodle had a tumor on her foot. The Vet was a really nice man who explained everything well in a way we could understand, but after B herd the term “Malignant” she pretty much tuned out… what it came down to was he thought the tumor was one of three types of cancer and that he planned on removing as much of it as he could and biopsy it so he could then suggest further treatment. After trying to keep her mind off of it all day, she finally called, and an answer to our prayers, he had removed the entire tumor, and no longer thought it was cancer (but still had to run the tests to be sure)… so now we wait to see if it is cancer or not…
When I got home I did some more laundry- is it just me or in the winter do you seem to have 10x more laundry than you do in the summer? Is it just the bulk of the items? The fact we are wearing layers?
Then I set up a vidcam I need for my next class- presentational speaking. (At least I don’t need it for my other class- Statistics..)

Thursday: I edged more soap, did more laundry (what a surprise) and started on my next classes homework. I think these classes are tough, but not overwhelming, and if I can work a few hours a day on them I should be able to get through them just fine.

Friday: I updated my web site, after getting an order for things I planned on taking down. I got the orders out the door and spent more time edging soap. I have a little blister on my thumb now, bummer….

Saturday: C introduced me to these things called Yahoo Widgets. Now I have my to do list right on my monitor rather than on paper on my desk. It is pretty cool. There are thousands of different ones you can choose from, but I’m being simple for now. C and I ran errands- drycleaner, groceries, etc.. I worked on my classes some more and I knit a hat for my dad.

Sunday: We went house hunting. Out of 7 only one was cool, but still not right for us. The other 6 we didn’t even bother going into. Some weren’t open, some were just ugly, some seemed downright scary…When we got home I enjoyed watching the NASCAR race and then installed new software on the computer for school.

No comments: