1.16.2005

Week 2 Accomplishments

Here is what has gotten acomplished on week 2 of 2005!

1) I finished and sent out items that I made for a swap. It is a new product that I have been working on and I am excited about the feedback I will be getting from these other soapmakers. They are ladies and gents that make exquisite products themselves, so I know I'll get honest and positive feedback.

2) I've gotten this blog up and running the way I want. Although I still need to figure out how to put up pictures.. but I'm sure that's not too far away.

3) I got all of the fragrance and essential oils I will need for '05 ordered. I've realized I have no clue where I will store them when they get here, or if I have enough Boston Rounds to store all the oil in either. I am also positive they will all come while I am away next week, leaving my neighbor with half a dozen leaking boxes, because the contents are always broken when I'm not home to get a hold of UPS and make a claim.

4) I got the '05 Welcome to the Fragrance of the Month Club out. This was impostant because one customer had given it as a birthday gift and it needed to be there by a specific date. Since the January FOTM was still curing I sent a box of the best sellers from'04 with a note :)

5) I got all the show applications due in January filled out and sent out. I tried again to get into Mayfair in Allentown. I wonder why I bother, its just throwing the $25 jury fee out the window. If I don't get in this year I officially give up!

6) The glitter gel got labeled

7) The bath fizzys got labeled

8) I made eight 16lb batches of soap. Unscented. It will be ready on Monday to mill and rebatch into something with fragrance and color.

9) I made test batches of the Figment, Almondine, Ginger-Lime, and Gardenia soaps. I think I like the color of the Figment, sort of mauve. Almondine is just goning to be tan, not much I can do about that, its because of the fragrance. Ginger-Lime looks like it should be Watermelon (pink & green) and I don't know if I will keep that for the final color or not. Gardenia I made a yellow and teal swirl. I think it will just be yellow and white for the final color, the teal seems gaudy.

10) I received 15 lbs of fragrance and got them rebottled into glass (shouldn't store fragrance in plastic). I have the best smelling garbage in town from disposing of the plastic containers they came in.

I made it though my first week of school with only one late assignment! So far classes are going well and I'm really getting into the groove.

Onward.....

No comments: