4.27.2014

Now on Etsy Too

One way I can grow my business is by trying to increase my customer base past the art and craft show venues that I sell at. I have noticed that over the past few years, my online orders have been growing faster than any other part of my business. So this year I decided to work on my online presence.

It is pretty tough to be seen and heard online. I started a Facebook page and have quickly grown to over 600 likes! But one thing I have learned, the people who subscribe to my newsletter, read my blog, like my Facebook page and follow my Twitter feed typically are already loyal customers or have at least seen or met me at a craft show before finding my online presence. It is very hard to just naturally grow your web site with people who have never heard of you before. I have also noticed, I think handcrafted soaps and toiletries can be a particularly tricky business to grow online, since there is no way for a prospective customer to smell or feel a product before trying it for the first time. This is actually one reason I try and keep my products at a reasonable price, people are more likely to try something if it just "costs a few bucks". If they love it then they are both happy with the product and the price too.; a combination that hopefully keeps people coming back again and again.

So to try and reach more customers and to help existing customers have more buying options, I have expanded into having an Etsy store. The store can be found at https://www.etsy.com/shop/ANaturalAlternative and has 30 of my best selling products. If you purchase on Etsy I really would appreciate it if you favorited my store and any of my products you love most.

I have also added a "Shop Now" button to my Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/ANASoaps). There are still a few glitches to work out on this page (right now you need to message me the scents you want if buying certain items, there is no drop down menu to choose). But I am hoping to get some of those quirks worked out this week. But in the end, the same top items available on Etsy will be available here.

Lastly I have a shopping cart through the Handcrafted Soaps and Cosmetics Guild (where I am a certified member). http://www.soapguildstores.com/anasoaps/Default.aspx .This is a great way for people who are looking for handcrafted soap to see my products and to order from me as well. 

So no matter how you order, one of the way's above, through the main web site at http://www.a-natural-alternative.com, my phone, or by mail, every order is appreciated. Thank you!!


1 comment:

Ann Boone said...

Having online platforms is one thing – nurturing one to attract clients is another. This kind of stuff really demands effort from the seller. You have to make sure that your website is visually appealing, and contains enough content to keep potential and current clients interested. The thing about online presence is that it is both visual and textual at once, so you should keep that in mind when planning your marketing strategy. That being said, thanks for sharing your thoughts in the matter. Good day!

Ann Boone @ Apex Business Team