4.14.2013

Closed for Spring Break! April 15-25, 2013

I have been suffering some burnout lately. I think it is a combination of so many different things. This year winter has felt like it was never ending, the work in the shop is in it's most intense time of the year, and I have been pushing myself to get lots of changes done in the office as well as on the website. Then in my personal life I have been working hard on the weekends to get some major projects around the house done before it either gets too warm, or I start show season.

But more than that I have felt a little disconnected for people and even myself. I really was experiencing it a few weeks ago when I posted about being a workaholic. Unfortunately, with that dedication to work, usually there comes some form of burnout. Lately, I just want to turn off my brain. I haven't even been able to enjoy my hobbies, like knitting. I have found personal relationships to be just too tiring to undertake. So I started to isolate myself, which really just fed into my ability to work and work and work, in turn burning myself out more.

So how do I break this cycle? Spring Break. I am closing up shop for almost two weeks and taking a vacation. The trick is taking a real vacation, unplugging the Internet, leaving the phone to ring, and not checking email every ten minutes. I have a bunch of things to do that I think will inspire me to explore new opportunities, both personally and professionally.

So fell free to email me, or leave me a phone message, or even place an order, but I am not shipping anything or making any phone calls till April 25th. I may answer emails every few days, so that would be your best thing to try, but I make no promises.

When I return it is time for craft show and farm market season to get started, and I will be ready, willing, and able to be my usual self: dedicated to making the best products I can, and giving you the best customer service I can as well.

Thanks for understanding and see you in a few weeks!

~Hedge

No comments: