8.02.2008

August 1, 2008 Musikfest Day 1

I was wrong.. So I have started day 1 with no voice. And a stuffed up nose- which thanks to my neti pot is no longer stuffed, just running. K is coming over to the show at 3 (it starts at 5) to open up and to be my voice for the day.

I tried staying home as late as I could to get some sleep and rest, but I was restless and bored. So in the early afternoon I took a trip to a local store, looking for a few things I need and then wandered my way over to the show. I opened the tent so that the air could get in and cool it off some and then went and looked around and visited with other crafters- mostly hanging out in silence since my voice was going more and more.

I was really surprised to see how many other crafters were not there and didn’t even start to show up until 3 to set up. Although I believe that cars were to be out of the field by 4 or 4:30 a few were still there after 5. One new crafter actually duct taped a hand written cardboard sign to their booth advertising their prices. Luckily this didn’t stay up for long- it was so unprofessional. Overall there are a few things I am very disappointed with already- we will have to see in the next 9 days if my intuition is correct- and that in general this isn’t the best show this year in terms of quality of crafters.

K came over before the show started and really tried to talk for me as much as possible. But no matter how hard she tried I was getting too many detailed questions that I needed to answer. After diner C and dad came to visit too. By the end of the night my voice was shot and I was beat. Sales were pretty good for the first night and the crowd was there, just not buying yet. It was busy enough that the trek to the bathrooms was tough, and it has been a few years since that has happened.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Hope you get to feeling better!
Good luck with show:)

Unknown said...

Thanks! The show is pretty good so far, but the cold is hanging on:)