1.07.2007

Chriskindkmarkt Week 4

Thursday: Sales wise it was my best Thursday yet. I sold almost every one of the samplers that I had made the previous few days. I thought about making more, but honestly it is the end of my year and I am just plain tired of making things. When I’m not making soap I am making lists and making plans. Even with the sales, since they were sporadic, I had the opportunity to almost completely finish doing research on 2007 shows, my January newsletter is almost complete (just needs some final tweaking), and made a HUGE list of the things that I need to do to have a successful and prosperous 2007. I also started making lists and thinking of things that I can have K do now that she has started to help me. Much of what she does is virtual and research oriented, but I have lots of stuff hanging around that she can do that will just help me out immensely. B sold quite a few of her new ornaments, and I am so happy for her. The feedback she is getting is just awesome as well.

Friday: I hate when they have the kids come for fieldtrips. The chaperones completely ignore them, they are loud and scare away the real customers, they have no money to spend and ask no questions to learn anything either. For me as an artisan it is a complete waste of time for them to be here. Sales were slow during the day but B did well with a few bigger sales. I can’t even put into words how excited I am for her. I’ve seen such a change as she has gotten more and more passionate and proud of her beading and I am so excited that it is paying in sales as well. I think she has always been creative but since I’ve met her I’ve only known her as a crafter, and artisan, I think I am getting the unique opportunity to watch her bloom into an artist.

Saturday & Sunday: Sales actually caught up and surpassed last year for the weekend. Load out was easy and afterwards we went to dinner with B & M at Perkins. The show was only down a little from the last year and that was with me missing many of my best sellers. Saturday K came by and helped me and I think that she did very well. She speaks softly so I think she’ll need to speak up some in the future, but she seems very confidant and can sure stand up for her self as well. Sunday C came to the show and hung with me until the show closed. But overall I am happy with the results and happy the end has ended the way it has ended.

No comments: