9.26.2013

I need a vacation from my vacation

So the three days before I left I worked some insane hours trying to get caught up, and maybe even a little ahead before I left.

Then I spent 12 days with family, always stressing about emails that were coming in, phone messages piling up, and my list of things to do when I got home getting longer and longer. I even tried to limit my online to just once a day. It was just enough to answer the most heated messages, make sure the shop hadn't inadvertently burned to the ground, answer any of Dad's questions or concerns, and generally write down more things to remember to take care of. That list was up to 42 things when I got home late Tuesday night.

Now I am working long and hard again to get caught up. I am blogging when I should be on the sofa knitting. Simultaneously I am cooking tomatoes for sauce since I came home to two complete refrigerator drawers full of them. I have been at that since 3 pm. Looks like a 3 gallon day, maybe a little more. At least I have some jet lag in my favor and can't get to sleep till midnight, yet still pop awake at 5 am as it starts to get light outside. Wondering how many days that will last.

I hope by tomorrow I can be back to normal. Then I have a show this weekend. Monday I start making soap again in order to have enough inventory for the rest of the year.

This is why most of America doesn't take enough vacation time. The stress isn't worth the rewards of the time off. And I have to be out of town again in just a few weeks.

I am thinking of throwing all my electronics in a lake, anyone joining me?


No comments: