12.13.2012

Dec 3-9 2012

So the three days that I have "off" are always such a blur. on Mondays I run around going to the grocery store, bank, and any other errands. Try to get caught up on phone messages, emails, and getting orders out, then do paperwork, like keeping track of taxes and printing any labels I need and all that fun stuff.

Tuesdays I go into the workshop for a few hours. I make up gift baskets, fizzy baskets, any inventory that needs to be made (this week was some bath fizzys to wrap and label), made sachets, and generally tried to keep all that straight so I don't run out of anything.

Wednesday morning I go over and drop off inventory at the show. This makes Thursday mornings easier because I don't have to fight to get in the door while other people are getting there and setting up. I can leisurely park farther way and stroll on in. Then in the afternoon I try to relax, knit a little, watch a little TV, get to bed early and be rested for another weekend at the show.

Christkindlmarkt was fantastic this week. Saturday was by far the best day yet. 2010 was my best year ever and I may actually meet/exceed those sales (but it will take me all 6 weeks, rather than the 4 in 2010). But with some nasty weather looming and who knows what else, I am not planning on it. It would just be exciting to have a great year again after last year's disappointment.

Dad did well at Christmas City Village. His Saturday was by far his best day there so far this year but it still doesn't hold a candle to how well he was doing last year. It is certainly nothing to sneeze at or to not be thankful for, but we will have to take a good look at the show and decide if the days and days of cold and damp on his old bones is worth the deposit slip at the end. Some things money just can't buy and knowing your dad is happy and comfortable is one of those things worth more than money.

So that is it, the quick synopsis of the week.

There was certainly more drama in there. Some things were said in anger and frustration, and although I really wish to share them with you, it isn't in the best interest of the party who said them, so I will hold my tongue rather than wage a war. All I can say is that sometimes things bring out the worst in people and one of these two events has been doing just that. It is sad to see someone you have liked and respected for many years become angry over the hurt they feel. But I am glad I can recognize it for what it is and not take things personally for too long.

That being said, hope to see you this week and if you have already been by, THANK YOU!


No comments: